ACDI/VOCA is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes broad-based economic growth and the development of civil society in emerging democracies and developing countries. Offering a comprehensive range of technical assistance services, ACDI/VOCA addresses the most pressing and intractable development problems.
Driven by the goal of adding value to local enterprise, which underlies prosperity and stability, ACDI/VOCA works in four main practice areas:
- Agribusiness Systems
- Enterprise Development
- Financial Services
- Community Development
The ACDI/VOCA Difference
ACDI/VOCA has a proven record of development success dating back more than 45 years. This experience coupled with operational integrity, technical expertise and the ability to operate at scale means that clients and partners can always expect positive results from ACDI/VOCA.
ACDI/VOCA is also distinguished by its:
- identity as a nonprofit that means business
- proficiency at grassroots, self-help organizing
- private sector and market orientation
- dedication to beneficiary gains in income, jobs and savings
- leadership in value chain approaches to enterprise development
- legacy of lasting institutions and organizations
- vast talent bank
- experience working on a regional/global scale
- network of U.S. and international partners
- systems approach to technical solutions and operations
- grants-management capacity
- cutting-edge approaches to fragile/failing states, trade capacity building, public-private partnership, information and communications technology and integrated HIV/AIDS programming
- experience with large indefinite quantity contracts (IQCs)
A world in which people are empowered to succeed in the global economy.
To promote economic opportunities for cooperatives, enterprises and communities through the innovative application of sound business practice.