Since 1971, we''ve been making things happen. Some big, some small.
- Getting a grip on climate change.
- Laws to bring recycling to your doorstep.
- Warmer, more energy efficient homes.
- Protecting our countryside.
- Keeping genetically modified food off the menu.
- Persuading big companies to behave better.
What we''re famous for
Dumping 1500 non-returnable bottles outside Schweppes headquarters to make a statement about recycling.
Our make up
Friends of the Earth is:
- UK ''s most influential environmental campaigning organisation.
- Most extensive environmental network in the world, with almost 1 million supporters across five continents and more than 70 national organisations worldwide.
- Unique network of campaigning local groups, working in over 200 communities throughout England , Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Dependent on individuals for over 90 per cent of its income.