Foundation For Free Learning and Merit Education-FLAME is an organization made up of volunteer teachers, retired educationists and health workers. Our Main goal is to help disadvantaged students in rural areas by offering free supplementary tuition in the areas of English, Mathematics, Science and Moral Education, and Promoting the use of technology to enhance education in Ghana.
To achieve this noble aims we have designed the underlisted projects.
The Renaissance Project (Free tuition in rural schools) has taken off and for the past year Flame has been aiding three major schools in tuition. This is a weekend free supplementary tuition dose to two senior secondary schools in rural Fomena and Kokofu. For the third school, we were fortunate to have received a US volunteer who came over to Ghana to aid in the teaching of English in a rural school at Asokore. Meet her by clicking on her name Cari Gersh
Though we have started a very small aspect of the Academia Project, i.e. fostering linkages and exchange for students in Ghana and and their peers in UK and USA, we are now seeking for funding to take off in full gear.
The Edusecure Trust Project will be the other project that will help complete our charity activities. We have made the proposal and still working around it to see how we can receive support and funding to take off.
What we term as renaissance project is multi faceted project designed to improve and promote knowledge and learning among the deprived and the needy schools in the hinterland and rural areas. The objectives of the Renaissance project are as follows;
Delivering supplementatry free tuition to students in rural schools.
·Collecting and donating education materials to deprived and needy students.
Offering health tips and education to students to promote good health among students.
·Placing volunteer teachers in seriously disadvantaged schools for specific periods where possible.
The objectives of the Academia project are:
· Encouraging the use of technology especially the Internet to enhance the teaching and learning process in schools countrywide.
· Encouraging students and teachers to take part in, project based Learning activities on the Internet to harness the benefits to students and teachers.
· Organizing students to establish beneficial friendships, which involve the sharing of cultural information and Ideas to encourage understanding among the peoples of the world.
· Help provide facilities that will enhance education.
· Train, motivate and help Students, Teachers and their schools take part in ThinkQuest Projects.
EDUSECURE TRUST PROJECT
Helping and supporting needy but brilliant students continue their education.
Helping single parents (mothers) fund their wards schooling.
Design curriculum that can enable school dropouts/street children to take part time courses to writer BECE and SSCE exams.