Aksion Plus organization is founded in 1992 by a group of students, doctors and artists. The aim of the organization is to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS through education of youth and by raising the awareness of general population.
Aksion Plus is working in other towns in HIV/AIDS/Drugs prevention, education on sexual & reproductive health of youth. We provide professional training to various groups: peer educators, staff members, teachers, police officers, health practitioners, social workers, members from other NGOs. Also we involve a lot volunteers in our programs.
Aksion Plus is the first youth Non Governmental Organization in Albania working actively in AIDS and Drugs prevention through education, information, training, publications and other activities.
At present we are a group of about 30 active volunteers in Tirana and many more in other towns that contribute in various projects and activities. Aksion Plus collaborates with other NGO’s, as well as with Governmental structures. Our Mission:
The Humanitarian Association "Aksion Plus" aims:
- to be institutionalized as a potential and an outstanding alternative that promotes AIDS, STIs prevention.
- deal with sexual education and other related initiatives.
- to recruit intellectuals, youngsters, doctors, social workers, teachers etc and by doing so, promoting concrete and useful initiatives in the above mentioned objectives.
- to raise the public awareness regarding AIDS prevention and other preventive means.
- to support and assist people living with HIV/AIDS and drug users to be integrated into the society.
- to exert the influence in establishing a new progressive humanitarian movement in the fight against AIDS/Drugs.
- to co-operate and co-ordinate with other similar and useful initiatives, aiming in the fight of AIDS.
- to sensitize the population targeting youngsters about youth social problems and the role they can play.