Prominent national and international speakers will cover presentations on the following planned topics:
• Herbal Innovation: Applied research results to locate and identify new or improved uses for herbs, spices and essential oils.
• Traditional Knowledge and Benefit Sharing:
Procedures for how Middle Eastern producing countries and local producers can protect their intellectual property rights and establish legal and mutually beneficial relationships with foreign partners and researchers
• Market Intelligence: Existing and future international market opportunities and challenges.
• Good Agricultural & Collection Practices (GACP): Improving production, harvesting, handling, shipping, and storage practices to meet international market and organic market standards.
• Herbal Quality Standards: Establishing and enforcing world-class quality standards and specifications including a quality seal or certification program.
• Sourcing Expert Assistance: Where to get technical assistance, equipment and other necessary inputs to produce, process and market high quality products for international markets.
• Economic Sustainability: Where and how to find loans, investors and/or joint venture partners to improve quality, productivity and market competitiveness.
• Environmental Sustainability