Most Important Projects:
1. Implementing the "Initiative of Teaching Girls" as an Umbrella organization for the Initiative in Minia Governorate in cooperation with " National Council for Childhood and Motherhood " and The Voluntary Team of the Governorate to reduce the gender gap in enrollment in basic education, in 129 friends schools of initiative till now.
2. Cooperating with the National Council for Childhood and Motherhood and the World Food Program in the project of Improving the Nutritional Status of girls attending school for girls in 129 friends schools.
3. Implementing the second phase of "Activating the girl''s right in practicing sports in 20 Governmental Elementary schools in Minia Education Directorate" project in cooperation with World Ashoka Foundation and Nike Company through women soccer.
Project aims to:
Activate article number 31(1) of Child Right Convention which was signed in 1989 which provide for" the right of child in having rest and pleasure time also practicing sports"
In 20 governmental elementary schools, to encourage girls in 20 the elementary schools to practice volley ball and acquiring the spirit of competition and teamwork through a system that will help girls to practice sport which will lead to overcome the discrimination against girls in practicing sport in Upper Egypt
- 200 girls from 20 governmental elementary schools from 4th, 5th and 6th grades.
40 supervisors and sport teachers from the target schools.-
5500 girls from the target schools and supervisors.
4. Implementing the project of "ELIMINATION OF ILLITARRY THROUGH THE USAGE OF ICT PROJECT"
In 3 governorates (Minia, Assuit, and Suhag) in cooperation with 5 NGOs and 2 Youth Centers to educate 1280 illiterates accommodating in 32 education classes located in IT Clubs and these clubs implementing a program prepared by The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (Sustainable Development Program), United Nation Development Program (UNDP), Italian Cooperation Program and General Authority for Eliminating Illiteracy and Adult Education.
The project is funded by USAID (General Dynamic Company-ICT program) and supported by the branches of General Authority for Eliminating Illiteracy and Adult Education in (Minia, Assuit and Suhag) governorates.
-32 coordinators for elimination of illiteracy classes.
7 supervisors in NGOs and Youth centers.-
-3 Responsible persons for 3 governorates.
-Tanweer Administrative Staff.
A.1280 illiterate people acquiring ICT skills to help them self-educate.
B. Expand ICT awareness and usage among illiterates.
C. Increase awareness of the importance of education.
D. Eliminating illiteracy using ICT.
E. Use untraditional methods to accommodate illiterates'' in classes.
Project expected results:
A. Eliminate the illiteracy of 1280 people.
B. Increase 900 people''s awareness of the importance of education and eliminating local community illiteracy.
B. Train 40(30 coordinators, 7 field supervisors, 3 responsible persons for governorates)
C. Website for Tanweer to publish the experience of educating illiterates using IT.
D. Overcome illiterates'' fear of using computers; train them on new skills, using computers.