In 1995, the center was established at university studies centre for female students at King Saud University (KSU) under the umbrella of special education department. Graduates and undergraduates have benefited from the center services.
In the beginning, the center efforts focused on services for the visually impairment disability, and extended in 2008 to other services to include other disabilities like Low–Vision and physical disabilities.
Our Vision :
To be a pioneering model in the Arab world by providing the best services to the students with special needs. And to facilitate the integration between students in the university .
Our Mission :
· Respecting the individual differences amongst the undergraduates and safeguarding their rights
· Promoting awareness on special needs amongst the students and the staff
· Supporting the disabled students to be independent and successful academically and socially
· Providing technological aids to help students with special needs on campus
· Increase the level of accessibility for students with special needs at the university environment.