We offer the following services:
· Qualifying students with special needs; explaining their rights on campus; and showing them how to receive their due financial aid;
· Helping students in registration at the university.
· Providing writers for the students in exams, when needed;
· Providing companions for the students on campus when needed;
· Providing faculties with Information to help them in dealing with the students needs;
· Supplying special cars to transfer students with special needs between colleges;
· Providing car permits to students with special needs to park at the university;
· Providing special aids like Perkins Braille; and magnifying kits to students who need them.
· Coordinating with various departments to facilitate social integration of students and staff in the university and making students benefit from education to the maximum.
· Holding exhibitions and conducting training sessions to promote awareness on the special needs amongst university staff;
· Providing facilities for the disable persons at halls, buildings, public facilities and restaurants.
· Writing names of departments and faculties using Braille way at all university offices.
The center offers a number of programs, as follow:
· Conducting specialized training sessions to raise the awareness of special needs on campus;
· Participating in the social and cultural events on campus and at special education department; and in the courses, symposia, and conferences of support services.
· Conducting specialized symposia and conferences on teaching students with special needs in higher education;
· Conducting researches and studies on those with special needs in higher education;
· Writing booklets and fliers raising the awareness on special needs;
· Participating in the international events on special needs; the centre participated in the International Day of Disabled Person on December 3, 2007;
· Launching awareness days on special needs.