International Islamic Charitable Organization IICO
IICO is an independent non-political organization which offers a wide range of pure humanitarian services. IICO is working worldwide. It provides services for people all over the world regardless of their race, or nationality.
IICO is providing help for the needy in social, economical, educational, medical, and cultural fields as well urgent relief aids in case of war, natural, disasters, epidemics, famines, and similar circumstances.
IICO work is purely humanitarian and far away from politics without any racial or ethnic distinction, following the noble examples of charitable work in Islamic history.
Why was IICO founded?
IICO was founded to meet the increasing urgent needs in poor societies especially in Moslem countries and communities where poverty, illiteracy, unemployment, diseases, famine, and other difficult situations are persisting.
Where is IICO located ?
The new headquarters of IICO lies in south of Surra, close to Kuwait city. It is a modern building, well designed to accommodate the increasing demands on the IICO.
It contains all the departments of IICO, a conference hall, lecture halls, meeting rooms, a library in addition to all the different facilities and service areas. It also houses the Center of Charitable Studies.
Although the International Islamic Charitable Organization''s establishment and management are run in Kuwait, its financing, investment and all activities are global.
The establishment of IICO added an international dimension to voluntary work in Kuwait. It reflects the charitable nature of the Kuwaiti society highlights the state of Kuwait as one of the outstanding Muslim countries in the field of charitable activities.
When was IICO declared?
The IICO was established in Kuwait under the law no.64 of 1986, which declared its foundation and stated Kuwait as its headquarters.
IICO''s main goals are :
1) Removing the suffering of needy people and helping them attain lasting improvements in their life so that they live in dignity and never be in need again.
2) Providing essential care for the needy such as :
- emergency relief aids for victims of disasters and wars,
- food and clothing for the needy,
- shelter for the homeless,
- medical treatment for the sick,
- education for the unlearned,
- care for the orphans and children,
- and jobs for the unemployed.
3) Fighting poverty in the world in the light of the Islamic high virtues of generosity, brotherhood, equality among mankind, and mutual respect between nations.
4) Helping people help themselves through self-sustainable projects that give the needy the opportunity to rely on themselves, be productive, and not to be a burden on others.
5) Elimination of illiteracy, one of the main obstacles that hinder the development of poor countries.
6) Increasing the Islamic awareness of the Moslem nation through continuous efforts to serve Islamic causes around the world.
7) Working hard to ensure that the greatest number of needy Muslims all over the world are able to benefit from its services.
8) Helping Moslem minorities all over the world to preserve and enhance their Islamic identity.
9) Fostering the brotherhood ties among Moslems in the light of Islamic teachings of unity and equality among mankind.