The Licensing Executives Society - Arab Countries is the regional society of the Licensing Executives Society International (LESI) family that consists of 32 national and regional societies LESI has a worldwide membership of over 11,000 members representing 93 countries.
The Society is legally constituted as a non-profit society under the laws of Jordan. It is composed of a Board of Directors and a General Assembly. Standing Committees Composed of Volunteers , and Run by Specialists experienced in licensing and the Society''s activities.
Membership covers all Arab countries in the League of Arab States on an individual basis, with a wide range of businessmen, lawyers, licensing consultants, academician, engineers and scientists.
The Licensing Executives Society-Arab Countries (LES-AC) was first established under the name "Arab Licensing and Technology Transfer Society (ALTTS)" in 1997, as an Arab professional body concerned with Licensing and Technology Transfer issues, which aimed at providing technical assistance to specialists and interested parties in the Arab countries.
Since its establishment, the society had worked hard to join the Licensing Executives Society International (LESI) in order to acquire international attribute via its membership in a specialized international society. The efforts exerted were successful and the Society joined LESI in 1998 during its Annual Meeting held in Miami, USA. Thus, the new name of the Society became the Licensing Executives Society – Arab Countries (LES-AC).
Being a member in LESI contributed in achieving the Society’s objectives, benefiting from the previous international efforts in this field and acquiring other expertise, as well as learning from the international technical developments of other national societies that are LESI members.
LESI is considered to be the mother organization, which is a non-profit society that seeks to make international efforts in the field of Licensing and Technology Transfer. This international society comprises thirty two (32) national and regional societies including our Society (LES-AC).
LES-AC represents the countries in the Arab League and the membership is open to all people who are specialized or interested in Licensing, Technology Transfer and Research and Development (R&D) in the Arab world.
LES-AC seeks to fulfill the following objectives:
• Educating the business community and governmental bodies on the economic importance of licensing, technology transfer and the Protection of intellectual property rights (IPRs).
• Establishing and maintaining a balance between business and licensing professional members of LES-AC throughout the Arab region.
• Assisting members in improving their skills and techniques through education, research, special training courses, publications and Exchange of ideas regarding licensing, technology transfer and Intellectual Property.
• Assisting members of LES-AC in carrying out their activities and coordinating their efforts with other bodies.
• Providing the Arab business community with an added value by providing professional programs and certificates.
• Promoting and nurturing indigenous technological innovation in national, regional and global markets.