EIA has been the leading force behind some of the biggest wildlife conservation successes in recent years. Either by providing the evidence, developing the necessary policy solutions or driving high profile international campaigns, EIA has many proven successes. Here are some of our key achievements:
- Played a vital role in securing the worldwide ban on the international trade in ivory in 1989
- Reduced the international trade in wild caught birds
- Uncovered the largest poaching rhino horn operation in the world
- Reducing the demand for whale and dolphin meat in Japan
- Raised over £80,000 for Kaziranga National Park in India and provided equipment for the Kenyan Wildlife Service.
- Turned global attention to the re-emerging illegal trade in big cat skins.
- Contributed to the closure of 53 illegal mines which were destroying prime tiger habitat in India.