Panorama Center and since its inception in 1991, has been focusing exclusively on main areas of work, namely democracy dissemination, community development, training and capacity building, networking and institutional development for community based organizations, research and promotion of youth leadership and activities, among many other areas of interest.
In order to promote the work of the center, Panorama has engaged in partnering relationships, and cooperation agreements with many NGOs, grass roots and community based organizations along the West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem. Through the three offices the center operates, in the main three geographical Palestinian territories, Panorama does achieve its main objectives, and touches base with tens of thousands of beneficiaries and hundreds of organizations and institutions. Panorama maintains a data- base of such contacts, and follows up on such relationship through the different activities offered by the center.
This profile intends to shed a light to Panorama's main areas of concentration over the last ten years of operations:
Our mission is to actively participate in community development and to raise public awareness on issues related to civil society in Palestine.
1. To participate in the development of Palestinian society, and to promote the notions of the civic society amongst Palestinians.
2. To disseminate the norms of citizenship, accountability, transparency, and good governance.
3. To help the Palestinians build a civil, democratic, and pluralistic society.
4. to work on strategic issues through think tanks and research
5. To build the human resource and institutional capacities of different sectors and organizations.
6. To establish and develop community development centers.
7. To promote the advancement of women and support the acknowledgment of their independent identity.
8. To network and coordinate with other organizations and groups interested in democracy and community development at the local, regional, and international level.