AUEED Strategic Directions:
Strategy for Continuous Development and Education:
First: Formal Education for Children through:
• AUEED's 36 formal schools (35 primary & 1 preparatory schools)
Second: Non-formal Education through:
• The parallel school program for children (Community School)“Learn and be Free” program to eliminate illiteracy (applying the philosophy of Paulo Frere)
Third: Socio-economic Development through:
• Developing life skills for girls and boys, men and women to improve their quality of life through intervening in health, environment, culture, economic development and gender mainstreaming.
Strategy for Empowering Local Institutions to Lead Self-development Efforts
First: Institutional Capacity Building of local organizations:
• Building the institutional capacity of local community organizations (community development associations, different committees, agricultural cooperatives, children clubs, youth centers, etc.) to be able to lead the community development efforts.
• Networking with governmental and non-governmental organizations, both inside and outside the community.
Strategy for Continuous Quality Improvement:
First: AUEED Program Development:
• Setting standards and quality indicators aiming at measuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the various community development interventions. This will ensure quality and appropriateness deliverables.
Second: Institutional Capacity Building for AUEED:
• Setting systems, policies and plans and developing staff skills and performance. This is done to ensure quality in the management and execution of the various programs and development interventions.