Ever since the Jerusalem Center’s establishment in 1994, it has worked to implement five core programs and then to expand those activities through programs that address the new challenges women face in the changing Palestinian reality.
These programs are as follows:
1. Peace Building program (dialog: Palestinian-Palestinian, Palestinian-
Israeli, and Palestinian-International and training on conflict
2. Training for empowerment (human rights, democracy and advocacy)
3. Defense of women’s rights
4. Female youth leadership development
5. Defense of occupied East Jerusalem
The center issues yearly an annual summary report about the work and activities of Jerusalem Center for Women locally and internationally.
Additionally, JCW issues different books, booklets, pamphlets, posters and stickers as a practical result of trainings that the JCW hold.
Of these issues:
- Book- Documentation of the 1996 Palestinian Elections in Terms of Women
Findings on the Ra’ees and Council Elections
Published: July 1996
- Book-The Israeli Restrictions on Arab Presence and Promotion of Jewish Presence in Jerusalem
- Book-Sharing Jerusalem
- Book-Between the Lines: German, Israeli and Palestinian Women in Dialogue
Published: June 2000
- Booklet-Settlers Attacks through the Eyes of Palestinian Jerusalemite Women
Justice and Freedom are the road to Peace
No for Settlements
Published: November 2001
- Booklet-Stop the Apartheid Wall
Published: February 2004
- Booklet-Palestinian Women Detainees in Israeli Prisons
Published: December 2004
- Pamphlet-Resolution 1325 (2000): Adopted by the Security Council at its 4213th meeting on 31st October 2000.
Published: March 2004
- Pamphlet-The Road to Elections
Published: May 2005