Al-Shafalah Center for Children with Special Needs
In response to the directions of Her Highness Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser Al Misnad, and the requirements of the Qatari community for a specialized center for children with special needs this Center was established in 1999.
The task for establishing the center was assigned to the National Committee for People with Special needs headed by Dr. Ghalia Bint Mohamed Al Thani and the membership of a group of doctors and specialists. The center was meant to be a pioneer, specialized and non-profit making organization,with the objective of offering diagnostic, evaluation, educational, training and rehabilitation services for children with special needs from birth to the age of twenty years.
- Providing educational, rehabilitation, social, recreational and vocational services to the children with special needs.
- Offering support and guidance services to the families of children with special needs including individual and collective guidance.
- Contributing towards community awareness regarding how to deal with the children with special needs.
- Providing training courses and building up of a national specialized cadre in this field.
- Contributing towards developing law and regulations aimed at giving the children with special needs appropriate training and education.