Aga Khan Foundation Canada and its partners support programs in four interrelated thematic areas: health, education, rural development and the enhancement of community organizations. Themes that cut across all programming include equity for women and protecting the environment. AKFC is also involved in human resources development, including education and training activities in the developed and developing world, as well as education programs and communications initiatives designed to raise awareness of international development in Canada. In all of these areas the Foundation designs interventions with short-term and long-term goals that can be adapted for scale as the project evolves.
- Promoting sustainable community health care
- Improving quality of and access to education for girls and boys
- Providing farmers with the skills they need to be self-reliant
- Supporting the role of women in all aspects of development
- Protecting the environment through improved resource management
- Strengthening organizations committed to development
- Fostering and Sustaining Small Enterprises and Economic Stability